York University Office of the President
York’s vision is to provide a broad sociodemographic of students with access to a high quality education at a research intensive university that is committed to enhancing the well-being of the communities we serve.
President and Vice-Chancellor, York University
Explore our global impact
York has 400+ international partnerships with over 300 institutions in more than 60 countries. Together with our partners, we are elevating 21st century learning experiences, responding to the complex societal challenges through research and innovation, and fostering global stewardship that will drive positive change for all communities.
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States
York University by the Numbers
Established in 1959, York University is a top international teaching and research university and a driving force for positive change. Located in Toronto, Canada, York is empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective.
We Are Top Ranked
- in the 2023 Times Higher Education Impact Rankings
- consecutive years as one of Canada’s top 100 greenest employers
- in the 2023 Maclean’s Rankings for Comprehensive Universities
- in the 2023 QS World University Rankings (advancing 100 spots)
- strong report card for the Strategic Mandate Agreement (SMA3) performance
York University’s commitment to advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
Poverty is more than an economic issue; it is a fundamental question of human rights and dignity. Without transformative action, an estimated 7 per cent of the global population will still live in extreme poverty by 2030. By addressing the multidimensional aspects of poverty, including access to education, healthcare and basic services, we can maximize human potential, reduce inequality and foster more sustainable and prosperous societies.
- York ranks 21st in the world for SDG 1 in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings
Select an SDG to learn more:
York University is a leader in sustainability
- York is in the Top 100 in the world in 9 of the 17 SDGs for the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings
- badges earned through York’s Sustainable Living Microlectures Series, an open-access interdisciplinary program to advance sustainability
- York is on target to achieve net-zero emissions by 2049 or sooner
- courses that focus on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Our Community is Global
- students from 172 countries
- International students from over 172+ countries
- students are first in their family to attend university